- To improve access for everyone.
- To stop wastage of appointments.
- To improve continuity of care with your usual GP.
- To ensure you see the right person for what you need.
How does it work?
- GP appointments will be opened on the day for telephone consultations. You will normally get a call back within an hour of your appointment or earlier.
- GP’s will decide with you if you need to be seen and then arrange a face to face consultation.
- To avoid blocks in the system and wastage of appointments- receptionists will not be allowed to book in advance.
Three ways to book a telephone consultation with a GP
- ONLINE- online appointments available from 7.30am. Please ask a receptionist if you need to register for online services.
- VIA AUTOMATED TELEPHONE SYSTEM- please ensure that your correct telephone number is logged onto our system
- SPEAK TO A RECEPTIONIST.