Important information for patients
How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share relevant data from your medical records with other services providing you with care and treatment. This also includes services that send out invitations for national screening programmes for example smear tests and also children immunisations.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
You do have the right
- to be given a copy of your medical record.
- to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care or being used for medical research or for planning health services.
- to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information ask at reception for a leaflet.