Important information for patients
How we use your medical records
• This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
• We share relevant data from your medical records with other services providing you with care and treatment. This also includes services that send out invitations for national screening programmes for example smear tests and also children immunisations.
• In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
• We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
You do have the right
- To be given a copy of your medical record.
- To object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care or being used for medical research or for planning health services.
- To have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information ask at reception for a leaflet.
Private medical reports
We outsource requests for medical reports by organisations on your behalf such as: Insurance companies, Subject Access Requests, DWP, to iGPR Technologies Ltd. They are fully accredited in terms of all applicable UK laws, such as: General Data Protection Regulations, Access To Medical Records Act 1988, and are officially partnered with the Association of British Insurers and its members. This arrangement is in full agreement with the NHS and the British Medical Association.
The reports are based on medical information that already exists in your medical records and can be automatically extracted by the approved search. It does not apply to any requests that require a GP’s opinion – these will still be done by the GP. All requests comply with your signed consent form.
Please follow the link: www.igpr.co.uk/contact for further information.